Monday, January 30, 2012

Revlon Lip Butters!

Where I work, we only get Revlon products. Mind you, not everything, but for the most part we occasionally get new releases. 
The beginning of this month, we received a display of 24, 2 of each colours so here are the 12 colours that we had!

 From Left to Right:
Pink Truffle, Sugar Lollipop, Brown Sugar, Cotton Candy, Berry Smoothie, Cupcake, Gumdrop, Lollipop, Strawberry Shortcake, Sugar Plum, Sweet Tart, Creme Brulee 




The four testers, and colours I tried





In the end, out of the 4 I swatched I liked berry smoothie and pink truffle the best. In the end I picked up pink truffle because I don't have a lip product that's a similar colour. 
But then rexall was having a buy one get one free on lip products, and I realized that it'd be cheaper to get them from there than buying it from work! 
Once I got to my store though, there was really nothing left. I ended up picking up berry smoothie (because I really did like the colour) and raspberry pie.
I don't have pictures of raspberry pie, I'm sure you can find them on other blogs. Truth be told it's a VERY bold colour, not something I could pull off on a regular basis. But I do enjoy sheering it out and topping it off with a balm or something.

Thoughts: 
Personally, I'm not TOO much of a fan. I know the hype was insane, and these are more moisturizing than a regular lipstick, but after a couple of hours it dries out my lips like no other. 
Aside from the somewhat drying formula, I do like the sheen it gives my lips. A glossy finish, but without the gloss! I personally don't like extremely glossy lips, so I was pleased with the fact that it wasn't extremely "shiny" on my lips. 
The product is also extremely soft! You would have to be very careful to not leave it in a warm place, or apply it very hard. It will crush, break, and smush all over the container. 

Overall: I like the product, I would prefer to buy this over regular lipsticks as I can quickly reapply without using gloss. It has a variety of colours, and seeing as I'm not a much of a lip product person, so it's perfect for simplistic me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment