Thursday, January 5, 2012

Coastal Scents Haul, and Project 10 Pan!

First of all, I want to start this off with
HAPPY 2012 EVERYONE!

I know I posted my acne story as my first blog post of 2012, but I figured this is more of a thought out post, whereas my acne one was something that came to my mind and I just had to write about it.
Anyhow I hope that everyone had a wonderful 2011, and 2012 will be an even better year. :)

Post holidays, I received some items that were sent extremely late.
A while back when I was browsing online, when I saw that coastal scents was having their 40% off sale!
I've never purchased anything from coastal scents (CS), being from Canada I'm extremely weary of ordering anything from the US just because shipping fees tend to be completely overpriced.
But I wanted a new setting powder, and heard that pure silica powder is the best. I was lemming it for a while, but never wanted to pay full price and shipping for the one item. 
After browsing the website, adding some things to my cart, I calculated my shipping and the total was $5 for all the items I wanted! I was shocked! $5!! Naturally I jumped at this opportunity and ordered things.

Continue on for loads of (somewhat) blurry pictures and my thoughts! :)



What I hauled: Brush guards (one variety, and one eye brushes pack, Bionic flat top buffer, angled eyeliner brush, pro fluff blending eye brush, 1oz silica powder and a sample of blush.

I heard that the pro fluff brush is the mac217 dupe. I haven't been willing to shell out the money just for a blending brush, so I ended up trying this out since it was SO cheap. Sadly when I received it came a little out of shape. But to fix that I washed it, and then used a brush guard to correct its shape. 
It still splays out a little, but I figured with uses of the brush guard hopefully the shape will be better. BUT all the brushes I received are super soft. Extremely soft to the touch! I'm impressed, for the price, it is not bad at all. 

My favourite, and what I'm looking forward to using the most. It took two days for it to fully dry, and tomorrow it will be put to the test with my mineral foundation! It's so soft I just want to keep touching it.... haha.

First off the silica powder is HUGE. And the container it comes in... sucks. I don't have an empty sift container to change this to, so I won't be using this for a while.


PROJECT 10 PAN


After hauling all this makeup (and others, I haven't had a chance to post pictures yet though!), I realized that even though my stash is small compared to others, I don't want to keep buying and let them sit around collecting dust. Considering that I don't really want to wear too much makeup on a regular basis ( I end up wearing too much, but my skin has been getting worse lately that I want to slowly draw myself away from too many products on my skin).
Enter project 10 pan! I want to finish them ALL (including eyeshadows). I don't count mascaras in this, because I go through them so often and feel like they shouldn't be counted as a product. Makeup items only, no skin or hair stuff (I go through those pretty quickly too). 

All the products
The eyeshadows I want to use up

As you can tell, I've hit pan on the pink shade on the left palette. But my goal is to use up each shade in the palette. Hard, but doable. Same goes for the right palette too, it's hard using them up because all the colours show up REALLY sheer. I like mixing both together, so I'm using them up!
 
My mineral power concealer, LORAC primer, and NYC cream blush in Plaza pink.
I've had both the blush and concealer for over a year now. Gross, I know; but both products still work fine, and no smell or change has happened to either of them. I just want to get rid of them both! haha.
And the lorac primer, I'm not a fan of. It does not help my oily lids at all and it really sucks, since I've heard good things about this primer everywhere. :(

LASTLY, my l'oreal bare natural mineral foundation.
I bought this two years ago in a pack with a mini blush and setting powder on sale at winners.
Previously I had another one and I liked it so much that I bought it again! But that was when I wasn't really into makeup.
First off the coverage is rather sheer, and it tends to fade on my skin pretty quickly. I also notice that I get oilier quicker, which sucks because who wants to be shiny? :\
I'm 3/4 of the way done, and I am determined to finish it by the spring!



That's all! Posts of hauls (if I can find the pictures), will be coming.
Revlon lip butters review and colour swatches to come too! I would do FOTD or something of the day posts but my camera sucks.
Hope everyone is having a great day, and a awesome year! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment