Friday, January 20, 2012

Christmas gifts and a small haul

Hello everyone! I'm taking a small break from my intense weekend cramming session (all in preparation for a quiz I have on Monday), to write a small post.

This post is what I received as gifts from friends, and what I bought for myself.

Continue for pictures, and explanations!
ALSO ** all pictures were taken with my phone, therefore quality will not be the greatest


First off I'll start with my Christmas presents.
First off my family isn't too much a "let's celebrate Christmas!"type of people. We used to when we were little but nowadays we're all too busy and would rather just spend time together. Therefore present exchange within family hasn't happened for a while for me.
Within friends, one of my best friends gave me a present last Christmas (even though I specifically told her NOT to), so I wanted to surprise her this year and prepared a small gift.
IN RETURN, she gave me a gift back that completely blew my present out of the waters in comparison.
Seriously this girl! I'm a terrible gift giver, so it took me around half a year to plan what to get her for Christmas. Now I gotta spend this half of a year finding her over-the-top items for her birthday!!
Overview of everything I got
She knows that I love Domo, I don't know if she knows that I love pandas, but PANDA DOMO-KUN! I was seriously most shocked at that, I love it.
Meltykiss chocolates in milk tea (SO GOOD), Rilakkuma home button stickers for ipad/iphone/ipod touches, and Hello Kitty keyboard stickers! I've wanted keyboard stickers for so long, I don't know why she thought of that as a good item to get. She's soo good at this!!
She also got me a $50 sephora gift card! I didn't include it because... I already spent it. *ashamed*
I went and got this baby with my gift card:
A MIA!!
I've wanted a clarisonic for so long, my skin has been so plain lately that I wanted to try this. I bit the bullet and decided to finally buy one. I don't need more makeup, so I decided to invest more in my skincare.
Total for this was $145.95, but with the sephora gift card, and another gift card I received as a 'holiday bonus' from work, I managed to snag this at $45.95. At that price, who can resist?! It's still rather pricey, $45.95 for a giant brush, but if it works... it's definitely worth the price!

The Body shop shower gel, body lotion (both in strawberry) and a loofa.
I received this present from a friend who came back from the London for a quick visit. Once again I didn't expect anything from her and I was quite surprised that she even got me a gift (considering that financially she's not in THE best situation). I forgot to get her a gift, which I completely regret, but next time she comes back (or if I visit her), I will be prepared with an amazing gift. :)


In the summer of 2008, I went to Japan on a 2 week homestay program. I wasn't sure if the family I lived with there still remembered me, and last year I didn't receive any gift (and I assumed they moved houses), so I didn't send anything for Christmas. 
Lo and behold when I checked my mail a couple of days ago, I received something from Japan.
The left is the card she sent (which is crazy beautiful, seriously she sends THE best cards!), and a small present. I was shocked! The hello kitty home socks are amazing, seriously where would you get that HERE? And the lip balm... Wow! 
I don't know if she remembered, but the last day that I was in Japan I lost my lip balm. On the way to the school (where we all took a bus to the airport), I asked where I could buy some lip balm, and they dropped me off at a convenience store where my friend and I bought some last minute souvenirs, and lip balm (at least for me).
I bought two different lip balms, and the one she sent me is a different flavour of the one I bought back then! Maybe it's a coincidence, maybe not. If I didn't already have a stash of lip balms I'm currently using, I'd open this up right away! I love this lip balm
Once I get time, I'm going to assemble a small package and send it back to her family! I've missed them so much as well!!


HAULAGE!
A week ago I was bored at work, I checked redflagdeals and saw that Aldo was having a sale....
WELL. After a week of contemplation (SERIOUS contemplation), I bit the bullet.
Truth be told I've bought a couple pairs of heels from Aldo in the past, both have killed my feet, are INCREDIBLY uncomfortable, and since Aldo doesn't have half sizes, nothing fit! Those were the main reasons why I haven't bought anything from Aldo in such a long time. I was nervous, and after reading reviews I decided to order both of my shoes a half size up. 
I am normally a 7-7.5, but decided to order both of these boots in size 8.

They were shipped a day apart (one on the 16th, the other the 17th) from different parts of Canada (one from Ontario, the other from BC!). I expected to only receive one package, but was pleasantly surprised to see two!
First of all, I was out running errands (or well buying my clarisonic) in the morning, so when I came home around 11am I didn't see a notice, my brother didn't leave anything in my room, so I assumed that the UPS guy would come later.
NOPE. Instead I looked out the window of our front door and found two packages stacked side by side somewhat 'hidden' by our railing. 
Thanks for leaving a note. I asked my brother if he heard a doorbell at all and he said no, I don't know if he was lying or the UPS guy just didn't bother letting me know it was there. I was a little pissed, but at the same time, if it got here safe and sound, no complaints from me!
The two packages
The two pairs I picked up: 


Left = Website picture, Right = my pictures
Price for the top pair were $79, bottom pair was $50. 
Initial thoughts.... I love them both. I originally fell in love with the bottom pair, but then I don't have a pair of boots that don't have a heel of some sort, so I decided to pick up the top pair because they looked easy to style and wear. 
Both are EXTREMELY comfortable, and despite being a half size bigger, they fit me perfectly! 
Quality for the top pair is amazing, extremely padded, durable, and with great grip as well.
I was a tiny bit disappointed with the bottom pair. On my computer it looks gorgeous, in real life it's a little lack luster. While it's not what I completely expected, I still love it enough to keep it. It's not as good quality as the first pair, but it has grip (which you really need in a Canadian winter) and looks cute! Just what I wanted.


END of long post!
Will be back after Monday to maybe (FINALLY) post my Revlon lip butters haul. But the photos of them might be deleted off my phone.... so I'm not too sure what to do if they are. :\
I'm also (slowly) working on a banner. I really want to design and spiff up my blog a bit more~ 
Don't expect anything drastic just yet, I'm super busy with school and don't have much down time (sadly).
Off to studying!



No comments:

Post a Comment