Sunday, April 17, 2011

FINALLY an update!!

Hello all, it's been a while since I've updated my blog!
The main reason is I like adding pictures with my blogs - as opposed to just writing a paragraph - but I couldn't find my memory card reader and thought I had lost it.

I could have used my PC, however it's been rather slow lately and using blogger took forever and a day for me. 

Starting from my oldest picture which I wanted to post up, I'll slowly update one by one.

Firstly, from the $15 off $35 Sephora sale back then (I forget when, actually), I decided to finally pick up my first NARS blush! I'm quite a big blush person, and I don't have a lot. After looking around the store I figured hell, I'll splurge this one time on a blush and see how it is!

The lovely packaging!



I got this in "Amour" because Orgasm has quite a bit of glitter and I was kinda afraid of that, so I ended up choosing this since it looks like such a beautiful pink, it has a slight sheen to it but that's what I love about it. I use this to set NYC's blushable cream sticks and it lasts all day (which is rare for my oily skin).
Like all the other raves, it's highly pigmented and 'smooth'. I do believe sooner or later I'll pick up orgasm, but for now this blush is amazing and I love it! Especially the packaging. Worth picking up if you're a blush lover and want to try NARS products!

 Next up I am comparing the (2) lipsticks that I have! Both are from Revlon.
On the left is Revlon Colourburst lipstcik in Peach,
on the right is Pink in the Afternoon

This picture is what looks most "true to
colour" in my opinion. 

I really like both, Pink in the Afternoon gives me the perfect colour for spring/summer, so I can't wait till it's nice out (a "weather" update coming soon) so I can wear this without it looking a little out of season. I still wore it sometimes during the winter, but I set it with a gloss because my lips dry out really easily and hair stuck to my face and that was just... no fun.
Peach actually turns my lips a little orange, which I guess is in this season but it does look a little odd on me. I still like it because it's pigmented, goes on smoothly, and it does dry my lips out, but as long as I set  it with a gloss my lips are fine!
I'm actually not much of a lips person because my lips dry out and crack pretty easily, so I only wear these occasionally, and they're not that bad.
Again, worth a try! And Revlon has such a huge variety of colours that it's amazing.


That's all for now and I'll continue with more tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment