Saturday, April 30, 2011

Family Friends♥

This will be a rather lengthy post. Lots and lots of pictures~!

As the title might suggest, a couple of weeks ago I was driving my Aunt to Wal-mart, and then out of nowhere my aunt goes: Oh yeah, so my friend received this gift with purchase, she doesn't want it so here.
Aww yeahh! I mean who doesn't love freebies? Regardless of whether they are samples or not, I love trying out new products!

To my surprise, the first thing I tried to do was figure out what company it was from. I looked at the logo on the zipper and it said: "EL".
ESTEE LAUDER?
Yes! These are my first products EVER from Estee Lauder, so I was really excited to try these out!

And now onto the pictures:
The cute bag that everything came in.

All the contents of the bag.

From left to right, I received a smaller bag, Sumptuous Bold Volume lifting mascara, lipstick in 161 Pink Parfait, double wear stay-in place eye pencil in coffee, Pure colour eyeshadow palette and mirror (it's a pretty big mirror!).


From Left to right: 01 Pink Colour, 13 Pale moon, 23 Berry Ice, 07 Smokey
My camera definitely washed out the colours, they are actually MUCH more darker in real life, especially the purple and brown. Not sure why they turned out so light!
I haven't actually worn any of the colours - since I have so many other eyeshadows to go through - but I I swatched them and they are pretty sheer. They are buildable, but like any other eyeshadow the more you build on, it gets really chalky. 

The lipstick! I'm not going to lie, I am definitely not a lip person. My lips get dry, crack easily without any lip balm, and everything seems to wear off on my lips in an hour or two and I forget to reapply. 
THIS however, I love. The colour is such a beautiful light pink, it does have a bit of a sheen to it, but I believe that is what makes it really pretty. 

Swatched
It does apply a little sheer, but that is fine for me since I don't like a bold lip (ever) anyway. 
It also has a slight fragrance, I can't put my finger on what it smells like, but I honestly don't even mind. 


As for the mascara and eyeliner pencil, I haven't tried them yet. I will probably try the mascara soon because the one I currently have is drying up (Maybelline Falsies in black drama), and I love layering mascaras! I'm pretty sure this one won't hold my curl either, but I'll give it a shot on it's own and then layered. The pencil though, I want to try to finish up my other pencils before I try this one. Review to come later! 

But overall I'm really happy, I love getting free makeup samples. My mom's friend actually gave me some clinique samples as well. I have yet to try them all, but I love trying new makeup and skincare samples. :)

1 comment:

  1. Love the colour of that lipstick!

    I have a giveaway on my blog. Please check it out. Link to giveaway here!

    :)

    ReplyDelete