Saturday, December 10, 2011

Perfume Hunting: L'air by Nina Ricci

My first series on this blog: Perfume Hunting
Because of the perfume sampler I bought at shoppers, I finally decided to try the first sampler and decided on L'air by Nina Ricci.

Bottle
What drew me to try this first was one, the bottle. Look how gorgeous that is! The other item that drew me in was the campaign pictures.
At first glance, I thought it was Emma Watson, but the model is Noreen Carmondy, and she is stunning! I was in love with the pictures, commercial and how beautiful she was! 
The whole concept of the perfume seemed to be exactly what I wanted, to look for a mature, feminine scent.

STYLE: L'air, is inspired by the iconic fragrance L'air du Temps, it's a fragrance for the new generation. L'air reveals a new absolute and modern femininity with a new twist, more luxurious and modern. L'air offers liberty and rebelliousness, the breath of love, the miracle of peace, and a song of freedom.
Doesn't that sound amazing?! I was extremely curious after reading the description.

TONES: It combines an airy and crystalline top note of honeysuckle and freesia with a radiant and feminine middle note accentuating magnolia, rose absolute, and jasmine sambac all held together by a sensual and woody base note of palisander wood and patchouli. 

THOUGHTS: Truthfully the first time I tried it, I HATED it. The smell was not sweet (compared to say, DKNY green apple), it had this weird lychee woody smell, and when I put it on I thought it smelled so... bad on me. Almost borderline BO with my body chemistry.
I wore this for around a week in a row, no other perfumes. The perfume lingers around, it's not extreme that if someone was to stand right beside me, they wouldn't be able to smell it. If I got really close to someone though they would be able to tell. It also doesn't last long on me, around 4 hours max, which isn't bad, but I would definitely love to see a longer lasting power. 
After day 3, I really began to like this. It definitely grew on my senses, the more I smelled it the more I fell in love. Even now a part of me wishes I hadn't run out to keep wearing it, it's a unique fragrance, and mature, just as I wanted when I bought this sampler.

FINAL DECISION: I might buy a sample, or small bottle. I don't know about a full bottle just because who knows how long a bottle might last me, and I'm sure that wearing this more than a couple of weeks in a row might begin to annoy me. It's a unique smell, but I know I'll get annoyed of it quickly. I also don't like how long the lasting power is, even at the 3 hour mark it's very faint on me, by 4 hours it's pretty much gone. 
For those interested, definitely ask for a sample beforehand. Unless you know you love fragrances like this, then go ahead and get it! However I know that if I smelled this in a store, I would've never thought of asking for a sample, or even buying it. The thought of this scent on my body absolutely disgusted me when I first smelled it. But I've definitely grown to like it, and heck I'm still sniffing at the tiny leftovers in the sampler right now!! I really did grow to enjoy this scent!

Next sample to try: Lady Million by Pacco Rabanne
I'm excited for all the fragrances though! Gosh I'm so glad to have bought this sampler! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment