Saturday, May 5, 2012

Garnier BB Cream review

Hello hello!
Long time no blog!
I do believe that my main reason for not blogging is the amount of work that goes into it, and my camera isn't the best. Therefore I don't even really try when it comes to photographing anything.
However! I recently discovered a new setting on my camera that takes amazing close up photos of products! I never read manuals, therefore whenever I tried this setting before I didn't understand how it worked. Now that I've discovered it, it's like I'm in a whole new world now!
Back to blogging! :)

I received a sample of the new Garnier BB cream in light, I wanted to buy this because of all of the rave reviews of Asian BB creams, but seeing as one tube of this was priced around $17 - $19 here in Canada, I wasn't willing to pay that amount. 
Soon after I think I saw on Garnier Canada's facebook page that they were giving out samples. Hooray! I signed up, it came in the mail, a couple of days later I tried it and found it extremely greasy. I already have oily skin, so it felt extremely gross, even AFTER I powdered the heck out of my face. 
I scrapped the rest into a small sample jar because I wanted to try it one more time, and when I took it out the other day I saw this:

Ew. If you can't really see in photos, there's a pool of oil surrounding the actual product. I found that extremely disgusting, THAT'S how much oil is in the product itself!! Wow.
None the less I will use up whatever is left in the sample jar, but I probably won't repurchase. I have rather problematic skin at the moment, so coverage is nowhere near what I am looking for, and actually I couldn't even see a difference in coverage after my first layer. And even after the first layer I didn't want to pile this product on anymore.

Final Verdict: Extremely oily, would not purchase. 
Next I want to try the BB cream by Marcelle, and some Asian BB Creams!  

No comments:

Post a Comment