Friday, September 17, 2010

Revlon Colorstay foundation - Initial thoughts

My revlon colorstay initial thoughts review!
(Sorry for the blurry picture! It's the best my amateur camera can do!)

First of all, this is my first liquid foundation. I've only been wearing mineral foundations, but lately I've realized that I tend to sweat off my foundation or I blot it away (ugh). It's also been raining, so it tends to wash off my face and in the end my face turns into a mess of discoloration
I picked this up at work today, it was ~$12CAD (which is pretty DARN cheap for us Canadians!), I immediately went home and tried applying it with my fingers, and then a wet sponge. Both did a pretty good job, and I am impressed that I managed to pick the right color.
I was debating between Sand Beige and Nude, in the end I felt that nude might be too light for me so I decided on sand beige. It matches PERFECTLY with my skin!
So I went home, applied it, and THE SMELL. After mixed reviews on MUA about the smell, I took the chance and went for it anyway.
The smell reminds me of paint. It's a BIG turn off for me, but now that I have it on my face, I can't really smell it. I guess it is just a smell that I will have to get used to?
Coverage is light to medium, however I'm sure you can build it up to full coverage. It has managed to cover most of my pores and blackheads, and even some of my blemishes!
I cannot comment on staying power right now, since I haven't worn it for a long time. However that will probably come in my next review which will be a couple months later just to see if this is living up to the hype that it has received. 

No comments:

Post a Comment